Role: AI Algorithms Postdoctoral Fellow
Company: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
Location: Berkeley, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Requires a Ph.D. in computer science, atmospheric sciences, or related computational science and engineering disciplines.
• Experience writing distributed-memory parallel code for scientific applications.
• Experience writing object-oriented Fortran - or C++.
• Experience designing AI algorithms and expressing the resulting algorithms in code.
• Ability to translate complex algorithms in high-performing, scalable software.
• Ability to communicate effectively and to contribute to a large software project.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare research results for publication and presentation at seminars and • Experience with AI applications and development.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience with the object-oriented and parallel features of Fortran 2008 or 2018.
• Experience with simulating turbulent fluid flow or the atmospheric transport of molecular species or particulate matter.