Role: Computer Systems Engineer in Supercomputing performance
Company: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
Location: Berkeley, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied math, computational science, or a related technical field as well as a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
• Programming Proficiency in C/C++, Python, and the binding between these programming languages.
• Experience in runtime, or algorithm development.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Familiarity with accelerator programming models (open-standard offload models, e.g., OpenMP, • OpenACC, or vendor-specific models, such as CUDA).
• Familiarity with AI frameworks pytorch, tensorflow, etc.
• Familiarity with performance tools.
• Familiarity with computer architectures and performance bottlenecks.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a cross-disciplinary team.