- Identify business needs and translate them into requirements for unified data schemas, pipelines and tools for company wide impact
- Design, develop and own holistic, robust and high quality data pipelines (from ETL to Business Intelligence tools) that power internal datasets for other data scientists, product, engineering and other business teams
- Maintain and expand forecasting capabilities for the business at scale
- Help the Data Science team scale statistical models to large datasets
- Develop and maintain tools that support internal analytics and data science needs, such as advanced visualizations, graph data structures, storage, and querying, data dictionary etc.
- 3+ years related experience in data engineering or software engineering capacity, including experience in or close proximity to a data science or data analytics capacity
- Experience designing robust unified data schemas in a denormalized environment, and ETL pipelines in a distributed data framework (Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Presto etc.)
- Capable of developing reusable programmatic solutions for internal use such as front end applications and bots
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience doing analysis in either R or Python, knowledge of a SQL variant and familiarity with software development in a Python stack (e.g. Flask)