Role: Director, Applied Mathematics & Computational Research Division
Company: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
Location: Berkeley, Ca
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Ph.D. or equivalent education/experience in applied math, computer science, or a related field, and at least 10 years of professional experience.
• An expert and leader in an area of applied math, computer science, computational science, or related field that is aligned with the AMCR Division research program.
• Strong record of research accomplishments, as evidenced by scholarly publications, patents, development and release of software products, and/or funded research grants.
Research Program Development & Management:
• Experience and demonstrated competence in the management of scientific projects and collaborative science.
• Strategic leadership ability applicable to running a diverse, team-oriented organization with a multidisciplinary group of scientists and engineers.
• Ability to interact effectively with funding agencies and initiate substantial new research efforts and collaborations.
Communications and Culture
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to interact at the highest level of management, both internally and externally, in a constructive and collaborative manner and in a way that appropriately represents the Laboratory.
• Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and accountability, including a commitment to mentoring and career development of personnel.
• Experience in effective oversight of operational functions, creativity in decision making and problem solving, and experience in human resource management.