Role: Director of Data Science & Decision Support
Company: University of Michigan
Location: Michigan, United States
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required, with demonstrated competencies in data analysis, business intelligence, applied marketing research, sales or marketing analysis, social science research or similar fields.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of prospect research, development, fundraising, and market research or relevant experience. Preference given to candidates with understanding of and competency with the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Advanced Skill Sets.
- Proven research and analytical techniques, emphasizing the ability to evaluate and summarize complex sets of data from multiple sources and present information in a clear manner in multiple settings, to audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Expert level fluency in computer technologies, including high level of proficiency and understanding with data management, data mining, machine learning and statistical software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, R, Tableau, SQL Server, Python, Spark, and Databricks, among others). Knowledge of current technologies for “big data” (Microsoft Azure, Spark, Databricks, etc.) and their applications to advanced analytics pipelines, data engineering, and the construction of data lakes. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software programs a must. Experience in SQL programming and reporting using MS-SQL Server or related experience a must.
- Supervisory experience required; ability to mentor and train others; willingness to share skills and techniques with peers and colleagues.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.