Lecture 1 - Introduction to Programming with Python

• You’ll get a prompt to paste your API key when you run jovian.commit
  • By visiting jovian.ai you’ll be redirected to your profile, where you have the API key Button which copies the key when you click on it
  • paste it in the prompt and click enter to complete the commit, where the notebook will be uploaded to your Jovian profile.

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to take input from the user?

I’m glad that I attended this course. Never learned about Markdown cell anywhere before. :slightly_smiling_face:
Many new things to learn…

11 Likes

!pip install jovian --upgrade --quiet

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f9ceff61310>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’)’: /simple/jovian/
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement jovian (from versions: none)

is showing in kaggle

1 Like

is both upcasting and downcasting valid in python?

range of data types? for example range of int?

can u repeat 5 + false and 3+ true.

2 Likes

Can we put our spyder or Jupyter Notebook python codes saved in Jovian Comunity?

3 Likes

Hi, so True is taken as 1 and False is taken as 0, 5+ False = 5+ 0 = 5
3+ True = 3+1 = 4
Now you might be wondering why in notebook it is 4.0, that is because, 3 is taken as floating point, it is 3. which is 3.0 +1 = 4.0

3 Likes

Yup, using the same commit commands shown in the lecture, you can save your work to jovian profile.

2 Likes

error, while saving

Is there a disscord server

Not able to save and upload notebook. It is just showing * even after entering API Key

5 Likes

no, when i try to save using jovian commands , it stop executing program.

1 Like

Tell about assignment submission too!

1 Like

How do i save a .ipynb from google collab?

thank you so much @khushalg670

2 Likes

same for me, i also replied

@abnpganesh @dalchand2905 is it on binder or local notebook?

strong text Sir, can we use loops in lists and tuple?

1 Like