Role: Machine Learning Engineer
Company: The NPD Group, Inc
Location: New York, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
A blend of education and professional experience demonstrating both business and data savvy is required for this role.
- 4+ years of experience developing, deploying, and optimizing machine learning algorithms.
- Experience working on AI-driven B2B products.
- 3+ years’ experience embedded or partnered with a business organization to drive tangible results and revenue.
- Demonstrated success in solving business problems using a diverse skill set in data management, processing, and modeling.
- Strong programming skills in python, R, and SQL, and experience applying analytical and statistical methods leveraging those languages.
- Experience with SAS desirable.
- Experience not only in the development of machine learning models, but the operationalization of those models to support automation and transition to a production environment.
- Proven ability working in a cloud-based architecture.
- Visualization and communication of analytic results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging based on the audience.
- An understanding and acceptance that preparatory data cleansing and processing is core to successful modeling. This role will be governed by this principle.
- Exposure to or experience modeling “alternative” data such as geolocation, financial transaction, passive metering, or clickstream to solve business problems is a plus.