Role:Senior Data Scientist
Location: Florianópolis, State of Santa Catarina, Brazil /Remote
What is Voyager?
Voyager – a US-based company with US VC backing and headquarters in Houston, Texas – is a cloud-based workflow management solution for the bulk shipping value chain. Voyager allows users to invite their partners, colleagues, and counter parties into a single environment to coordinate the execution of bulk shipping operations. By moving from phone and email to a fully structured platform, our clients gain full visibility of their operations and overall supply chain. Furthermore, our platform acts as a data funnel, allowing us to gain unique insights into the internal workings of the shipping industry and, therefore, to improve the bottom line of our customers.
- Work directly with our C-level team and our software developers to devise plans for turning maritime data (brought in through the Voyager platform and from outside sources) into valuable insights and recommendations for our clients
- Source, ingest, clean, and store heterogeneous data sources
- Perform preliminary descriptive analyses
- Build predictive models
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of these predictive models on the Voyager platform
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders (internal and external) through visual displays of quantitative information
- Work with Voyager software team to integrate these models into the web-based portal
- Preferred skills: strong Python software engineering skills, experience with deployment of machine learning models on AWS, familiarity with Jupyter notebooks, a strong grasp of statistics, and experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods.
- Knowledge of the shipping industry or commodities, experience with ML DevOps tools, and experience with logistical optimization problems are a major pluses.
- English proficiency at least FLUENT level is a necessity.