Role: Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Search and Recommendations)
Location: Remote / Anywhere
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Have a good understanding of statistics, machine learning, and mining of massive datasets.
- Have 2+ years of experience. Experience in applying your skills to improve a user-facing product would be a big plus.
- Are an expert in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Scala, Java, or PHP. You will likely encounter all of them in this role and the idea of using them on a regular basis should not be a blocker for you.
- Have hands-on experience with data processing frameworks like Apache Spark and Flink and are excited to work at scale. Experience working with Elasticsearch is considered a plus for this position.
- Are familiar with professional software engineering methods and standards such as coding conventions, code reviews, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Care about crafting a safe and inspiring experience for our users, regardless of their income, gender, race, politics, language, or where they live in the world. Prior experience with a ranking of user-generated content, spam filtering, and content curation is a plus.
- Have great verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of other languages and international markets is a plus.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet your teammates in person. We hold an annual all-company meeting every year, and meet up with our teams for a week once or twice per year.