Unable to download the DATASET for the lecture 5 notebook

I’m unable to download the dataset it keeps failing. I tried accepting the competition rule on Kaggle it is failing as well… anyone

Hey Everyone…
I guess most of us would be having trouble downloading the data for this lesson as it requires some complicated steps…because I did them too…

So, I have a way out…
In the cell where we download the dataset…just replace the c with realvinay and you won’t require any verification and any other stuff…just your username and kaggle key…
So, it should look something like this…

Before:

After:

As you can see only ‘c’ is replaced by ‘realvinay’ and the rest of the notebook will work without any errors…

P.S.
I would recommend @birajde Sir or @hemanth Sir to pin this so that everyone can see this…

3 Likes

Hey, just go to the Kaggle competition tab via this link Rossmann Store Sales | Kaggle and accept the Rules of the competition via the Rules tab “I understand and Accept” button. Now you will be able to download the data using your account.
@vinaypratapsingh609 “realvinay” seems to be another user who uploaded the same data on Kaggle. This is not a permanent solution for all such data(Kaggle competition data). For a permanent solution so that no one faces the same issue later, I would recommend accepting the competition rules.

thank you very much for this

Great! it is working! Thank you very much. I was feeling so frustrated. Many thanks.

Thanks so much! This is real help for me, because for some reason i can`t verify my phone number on Kaggle. Just getting “This phone number can’t be verified”.